22 Feb Biblical Principles for Giving – Part 1
Bible Text: 2 Corinthians 9:6-11 and 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 |
(1) Our Lord Jesus expects and requires us to give and that is why He said to His disciples, “when you give” NOT “if you give” – Matthew 6:2 더인터뷰 다운로드. So, Christian giving is not optional, but rather essential. Also, we are to give for the right reasons, we do not give for the sake of being admired by men – Matthew 6:1 ms office 2010 무설치 다운로드. When we give, we must be careful to examine our motives, we ought to give for the glory of God and the good of His people.
(2) Our Lord Jesus reminds us that our giving is ultimately to the all-seeing heavenly Father 프랭크워즈 다운로드. He said, “When you give….; your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you” – Matt. 6:3-4. When we give, we are not simply adding to the Church budget, however, the Church is operated with money, we are giving up a thank offering to the Father Himself hec-ras 다운로드. So we give as unto the Lord. Our ultimate goal in giving is to please, honor, and obey Him. And obedience is better than sacrifice – 1 Samuel 15:22 headliner game.
(3) The Christian giving is an act of worship. Paul teaches the Corinthians that their taking up of offering and tithe is an act of worship which is to be part of their regular Lord’s Day worship 지티 에이 다운로드. (Luke 21:1-4; Deut 16:16-17). A Church can give to a struggling Church – 1 Corinthians 16:2; missions, poor -John 12:8; etc.
(4) In 2 Corinthians 8:9, Paul says, “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich” 리틀 포레스트 영화 다운로드. Christ’s self-giving is the standard for our giving. Our giving is to be inspired, directed and instructed by Christ’s inexpressible gift Hotel DeLuna Download. When you become a believer of Christ then you become a steward of God and required to be found faithful in all things including finances – 1 Corinthians 4:2 Office 2019 free download.
(5) The Christian giving should be done in accordance with our means (2 Corin 8:12) “if the readiness is present, it is acceptable according to what a person has” Kium Securities Lightning. Give in proportion to what God has given you. The Lord never asks us to give what we do not have or contribute beyond our means but we also do not give cheap and deformed things to God, we can give by faith and also pay any pledge we make. (Gen. 4:1-7; 1 Chronicles 21:24)
(6) Christians, do not sow sparingly and reap sparingly but sow bountifully and reap bountifully -2 Corin. 9:6. Giving must be willing, free giving as purposed in your heart – 2 Corin. 9:7 , not grudgingly or under compulsion. True Christian giving is both mandatory and voluntary but not optional and God loves a cheerful giver.