24 Apr David’s Confession and Recovery – What Happens When a Christian Sins?
(1) From Psalm 51, we learn that this Psalm was written sometime after David’s sin with Bath-sheba ((2 Samuel 11: 3-4) and it gives expression to why David was “a man after God’s own heart”; he was not perfect, but he had a sensitivity to sin that few of us know about ufdisk. Notice the use of the first person singular: Mine iniquity, my sin (ver. 2); my transgressions (Ver. 3). He admitted his sins and did not look for anyone to blame but sought God for forgiveness and restoration 새 찬송가 mp3 무료 다운로드.
(2) How solemn that a believer and a man of such prominence should commit the sins of adultery, deception and murder, yet Christians do fall into sin (note that they do not live in sins) though not necessarily the same sin as David fell into 오라클 sqldeveloper 다운로드. What happens when a Christian sin? Does God cast him out? No, thank God! When a Christian sin, relationship is not altered but fellowship is broken. This was David’s trouble – still God’s child but out of fellowship with Him for a whole year, notice what sin does to us when we fail to confess it 팬덤시티 다운로드.
(3) Sin soils the soul, it is dirty and polluting – Vrs. 1,2,7,10. Sin also fills the mind – Ver. 3 -it was all time prominent in his thoughts Home mode. Sin stings the conscience – Ver. 4 and Luke 15:18-19. Also it depresses the the heart Ver. 8, says, because of this, David had lost his joy and was depressed. Sin again affects the body Vrs. 8. 1 Corin. 11:28-32. Sin sours the spirit Vrs. 10 makes it clear that David was conscious that his spirit had been all wrong. Finally, sin seals the lips Vrs. 14 and 15 – David had no testimony to give to others and no praise to offer to the Lord.
(4) Poor David— and poor you, if this is your condition and if you are living out of fellowship with God each day. but what should you do when sin breaks your fellowship with God? How should you get the fellowship restored? You must assure yourself of God’s unfailing love and compassion. In ver.1 , the first thing David was appealed to God’s unfailing love and compassion. God hates our sins but loves us with an everlasting love. he weeps over us and waits to forgive us when we return to Him in obedience.
(5) The 2nd thing we have to do is that we must acknowledge our sin and confess it openly to the Lord, and this acknowledgement and confession must be sincere and full. See ver. 1-4 ; also notice how David pinpoint the nature of his sin, do not generalise and notice his use of the personal pronoun “my”. Next, we must ask and receive by faith forgiveness and cleansing from sin – 1 John 1:9. Be reminded that God not only forgives but He forgets our sins when we sincerely confess and repent (Isaiah 44:22; Colossians 2:14; Pro. 28:13; Micah 7:19).
(6) Finally, we must seek afresh the infilling and the empowering of the Holy Spirit because when we sin, the Holy Spirit does not leave us right away, but He is grieved -Eph. 4:30; Genesis 6:3). It is only the Holy spirit who can fill and empowers us, and will keep us from falling again into sin. Finally, we must rejoice in the blessing of renewed and fruitful service for the Lord. No service can be effective while sin is harbored and until it has been confessed and forsaken. Acknowledge, confess, repent and receive forgiveness and cleansing and infilling of the Holy Spirit, be of service again and be fruitful again for His glory.( Ver. 18; Ps. 66:18)