15 Apr Happy Easter “Why did Jesus Die on the Cross
(1) Scripture testifies to the fact that Jesus died on a cross after being betrayed to the religious rulers by one of His own disciples, Judas Iscariot, but the immediate reason Jesus died was because of the envy of the Jews (Matt.27:15-18) Their envy toward Jesus was due to the fact that He had drawn a large following by claiming to be the Messiah and His miracles verified His claims Download Batman Dark Knight Rise. Jesus also criticized their corrupt religious system and because of these they decided to kill Him.
(2) The Bible makes it clear that the death of Christ was necessary (John 3:14) and it was for eternal purpose (Heb Only the Brave. 10:7-10; John 1:29) Jesus had to come into the world for the purpose of dying on the cross. His death was the payment for sin-the ransom paid to God to satisfy His holy demands, we are sinners who have rebelled against God and Christ’s death on the cross paid the penalty for the sin of humankind 자아도취 푸른하늘 다운로드. He died in our place as our substitute, receiving the punishment that was due us. (Rom. 4:25)
(3) So Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many (Heb postscript printer driver 다운로드. 9:28) and because of His death, believers will not have to suffer eternally for our sins. (Rom. 8:21; 1 Corin. 15:3). Christ’s death has brought about redemption for humanity (1 Pet ebook pdf. !:18-19) the price He paid was His own blood and when He bought us, He gave us freedom and we have become part of His family and participants in His rightful inheritance. all these are obtainable if we choose to place our faith in the sacrifice He made on our behalf.
(4) Christ’s death showed the love of God (John 3:16; Rom. 5:8). It was love that motivated Him to come to the earth and die on the cross and take the punishment for our sins. The Bible tells us that the love of God which was demonstrated by Jesus should serve as an example for how we should treat one another (John 13:34-35) Jesus had to die so that others could live, He died on the cross for the sins of the world, He was the sacrifice that was acceptable to God the Father.
(5) Sin separates us from God, so when Jesus died on the cross, He cried out “it is finished”. At that moment , every last shred of the sin He had inherited in His human nature had been crucified, and His work on earth was finished and that was why the heavy veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom, the debt had been paid and the way back to the Father was open. His victory over sin was also a victory over death, He did not remain in the grave but arose from the dead with glorified body. 40 days later He ascended to heaven, where He is sitting today at the right side of His and our Father (Phi. 2:5-11; Col. 2:9)