15 May “Lost Out Spiritually” The Danger and Signs of Spiritual Decline
(1) The prophet Hosea has much to say about backsliding and let us consider this danger which faces us all, that of going into spiritual decline 니세코이 다운로드. However far we may have advanced in the Christian life and however we have grown in grace, we always need to take notice of the solemn warning in 1 Corin 모뉴먼트 밸리 2 다운로드. 10:12. The prophet gives a picture which describes the condition of backsliding (vrs.9) “His hair is sprinkled with grey, but he does not notice” ticket form. Are we going gray spiritually? Any sign of spiritual decline in your life?
(2) Spiritual decline always begins inwardly (Prov. 14:14) 왓치맨 한글 자막 다운로드. Long before the Prodigal left home he was determined in his heart and mind to leave home; he was prodigal in his heart long before he was a prodigal in the far country (Luke 15:13) Download csr8510 driver. Many Christians decline spiritually with the guilt of DECEIT, and the last thing we want to do is to admit failure; consequently, when we get cold or slack spiritually we do all we possibly can to keep up the appearance of being devout; we act falsely and even hypocritically. (V.1)
(3) Over and over again Hosea likened God’s unfaithful people to adulterers, grey hair of adultery, instead of loving God with all their heart they loved other gods as well. Their affections were uncontrolled and divided, and the same may be true of our affections. Are you trying to love the the world, please other people, even serve Satan and God at the same time? (1 John 2:15-17) (see Verse 4).
(4) Powerlessness is the fundamental cause of all spiritual decline, (V7) and it is the one sure evidence that a decline has set in. How easy it is in a busy life, even in our busy service for the Lord, to allow prayer and the Word of God be crowded out! also, see the grey hair of worldliness (V8), it is sad that many Christians are unseperated from the world and unsanctified in their daily living. Examples: Lot -Gen.19:1; Peter – Luke 22:54; Demas – 2 Tim. 4:10; Psalm 106:35-36; 2 Corin. 6:14-17.
(5) Now, the grey hair of unfruitful service (V9), the most exhausting work in all the world is that which is done in the energy of the fresh, most church services in these days lack the anointing of the Holy Spirit (John 15:5). The decline of empty formalism (11) The dove is a very beautiful bird but easily deceived and senseless, suggest a vain, silly bird. There are many people who profess to be Christians who do not possess the new life at all 2 Corin. 5:17).
(6) The grey hair of rebellion (V13) is the sin of complaining against God, and the essence of rebellion is disobedience; we sometimes question God’s wisdom and His ways and even become bitter. Often we are blind to our own faults and fail to see grey hairs in our own selves. Finally: We do not admit failure and decline; We do not look in the mirror enough; we fail to take note of the advice that God offers us. Remedy: Honest self examination; Immediate confession; Constant walking in the light and spirit.