12 May New Testament Conversions: “The Repentant Saved Thief”
(1) Let us see the moving account of a man who trusted the Savior in his dying hour and just before his death he made urgent request of the Lord, who made immediate response 공조 무료 다운로드. The way of salvation through personal faith in Christ is made clear to all. We notice that Jesus was not alone in His death because on each side of Him was a criminal (Isaiah 53:12) Download the dlc file. Our Lord’s main purpose in coming into the world was that He might save sinners (Matt. 1:21; Luke 19:10) and we here see Him doing this gracious work of saving a lost soul envi 다운로드.
(2) We read of the salvation of a bad man and whatever we appear to be on the outside or whatever we like to think about ourselves, we are in fact really bad people; we are sinners in God’s sight (Rom 별이 빛나는 밤 다운로드. 3:20, 23; Isaiah 53:6) The dying criminal had broken the law of the land and had been condemned to death for that reason. We also read of a man who was saved at the eleventh hour-just before dying Nausica Dubbing in The Wind Valley. Thank God, as long as there is life there is hope. It also happened so simply, quick and definitely, the criminal recognized who Jesus was, turned to Him in repentance and faith and received salvation.
(3) Consider the urgent request of the man (Verse 42), his request shows us that he believed in life after death, and that Jesus has a kingdom. His request shows that he recognized and acknowledged Jesus as Lord at the time of his death. How did this come about? By spiritual revelation
(1 Corin. 12:3). He also believed that Christ had the power to save him, so he asked Him to do it. “Jesus remember me…” that is all, because that is all that is necessary. How wonderfully simple the way of salvation is and how easy it is for anyone at any time in any place (Rom. 10:13)
(4) See the immediate response of the Lord and the first thing Jesus said was yo will be… in paradise. It is important to notice that our Lord did not promise that the man would first of all be in purgatory; but He promised at once that he would be in paradise. When we die we either go to heaven or to hell, Jesus gave this man the absolute assurance that he would go to paradise. The second thing Jesus said was ” you will be with me in paradise, this thief had breakfast on earth with the devil and supper in heaven with the Lord, so great is the grace of God that a guilty sinner can come back into fellowship with the Lord Himself. The thief would be with the Redeemer (1 Thess. 4:17)
(5) The third thing Jesus said was “Today you will be with Me in paradise”. So our Lord promised him immediate salvation and conveyed to him immediate salvation (Luke 19:5,9) thank God, you can be saved now, at this very moment – not only today but here and now (2 Corin. 6:2 and Heb. 3:7)