27 Jul She Chose the One Thing Necessary, Mary
Bible Text: Luke 10:38-42 |
(1) From Luke 10:38-42, we learn that one thing is absolutely necessary if we to live a healthy, happy, useful Christian life Dramatic overnight download. Mary and Martha were entertaining the Lord Jesus in their home. Martha was an excellent hostess and was busy preparing a meal for Jesus and His disciples Miraculous The Bell. Mary, on the other hand, sat at His feet and listened to all the wonderful things He had to say.
(2) Martha said to herself, …What a privilege to prepare a meal for Him 윈도우 10 os 다운로드! and Mary said…What a privilege to sit at His feet!.. and they were both right (Verse 39). Martha, however, felt that Mary was unreasonable in leaving her alone to serve the meal, and even questioned the Lord for allowing her to sit at His feet while there was work to be done (Verse 40)
(3) Jesus spoke very tenderly to Martha …You are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed 오토캐드 2014 한글판 다운로드. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her… (Verses 41-42) Mary has chosen that. In this commendation we see what is the number-one requirement for every Christian… not service, but sitting at the feet of the Lord Jesus (Verse 39) PowerPoint 2010 trial.
(4) I think the one thing implies RECEPTION. To sit at His feet and LISTEN to His WORDS reception has taken place (John 1:12; Rev. 3:20) It also implies DEVOTION 윈도우10 미디어플레이어 다운로드. Sitting at the Savior’s feet indicates that she loved Him very much because He first loved her (1 John 4:19) In order that Mary might keep His Words, she was listening to them and learning them psim 9.3. (John 14:15) It also implies SUBMISSION. Mary did not stand but she was submissive to Him. She subjected herself to His authority, truth and teaching Samsung Hub.
(5) Why is the one thing so absolutely necessary? Because we are to experience a well-balanced Christian life. The Lord did not rebuke Martha for her active service, rather, He wanted to show her that sitting at His feet was necessary as the first requirement of successful service 페이스 북 영상 다운로드. Necessary for growth in grace – do not neglect fellowship with Him through His Word, learn of Him, grow into spiritual maturity; clear guidance – we often fail to hear his gentle whisper (1 Kings 19:12); gain His commendation (42)