13 Apr Trusting God When You Don’t Understand
Bible Text: Genesis 12:1-8; Hebrews 11:8-13 |
(1) When you are faced with real life hurts, issues, and problems, trusting God when you do not understand is easier said than done. True? It is easier to say give your cares to the Lord and trust Him when everything in life seems to be going well. However, if God striped you of everything you own and asked you to leave your comfort zones, will you trust Him when you don’t understand? like when God asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son to God?
(2) For many of you God has done just that, He has taken you from what was so familiar and redirected your paths into unfamiliar. You don’t understand what is happening in your life, what to do or where to go. the only thing you know is that the Lord gave you His word, instruction, a promise, vision, etc. and the only Person you have to hold on is God.
(3) When that happens, consider the source that God says He is Alpha and Omega (Rev. 22:13) and He also knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10). God knows everything: the past, current and future and our knowledge and understanding does not even compare to the knowledge and understanding of God. He is the source, trust Him not yourself.
(4) Also, trust the Lord with all your heart (Proverbs 3:5) When you learn to trust God completely, you begin to have a sense of rest in Him and realize that God has everything under control even when it appears to be out of control. trusting God dose not prevent you from being in uncomfortable situations but it does allow you to be placed in a position where you seek His presence, provisions, guidance and promises.
(5) Do not try to understand the ways of God because it is impossible for you to understand His decisions and ways (Rom. 11:33) But just be obedient to His voice (1 Sam.15:22) There are blessings that follow a person who is obedient just as there are curses that follow a person who is disobedient. Trust and obey the Lord for His manifold blessings.