28 Nov Turning From Conflict
Bible Text: Ephesians 4:26-32 |
(1) As children of God, we are to be known for our easy manners, fair treatment of others, never set out to dominate but always simply to be of use for God, and devote ourselves to the work of reconciliation 소득공제신고서 다운로드. It is true that some conflicts are inevitable, yet we must do our part to work for peaceful resolutions. (verses 26, 29, 31, 32). As believers, Paul tells us we are to live differently from nonbelievers and our lives are to be holy – set apart to God simplified fonts. (Eph.4:20-24, 25,29-31) How we forgive others is the defining virtue of the believes in Jesus – ver. 32.
(2) The forgiven believer in Jesus is a forgiving person (Matt 자바 txt 파일 다운로드. 18:21-35; Luke 7:36-50) Sometimes, healthy conflict is good because it clears up misunderstandings and helps everyone deal with negative feelings in a positive way Jurassic World Fallon Kingdom. Unfortunately, many of us go through life trying to avoid conflicts, while others might try to create conflicts, either of them are healthy or beneficial in relationships Good Morning Pops mp3. Often, we are unprepared to deal with conflict, even if the person you are in conflict is not a believer, stay calm and react biblically.
(3) Positive steps to be taken in times of conflicts: (a) Take the initiative to resolve conflict – the moment you sense a problem in your relationship, take the first step toward righting it (Matt 노브레인 다운로드. 18:15) (b) Listen attentively as the other person tells how he or she sees the situation – let the other person speak first while you listen with your heart, eyes, and ears without becoming defensive or angry 탐색기 다운로드. Try to hear the hurt in the person’s voice and empathize and do not interrupt, let the person complete his or her story. (Proverbs 18:13)
(4) (c) Tell your story – indicate that you understand how the person may have perceived the situation in a different way than you meant it ppt 테마 무료 다운로드. Avoid assigning blame, although it is okay to let the person know how the situation also hurt or upset you (Prov. 18:17) (d) Apologize and ask for forgiveness for your part in the disagreement – do not expect the person to say he or she is sorry or to ask for forgiveness Oculus Runtime Download. Forgive with no hidden agenda or expectations. Asking for forgiveness is disarming. There are always two sides to an argument, and you are taking responsibility for your part Download 2018 Club Music. (Colossians 3:13)
(5) (e) Discuss how to avoid future conflict – set ground rules for the relationship going forward to prevent this same source of conflict reoccurring and close with prayer (Prov. 17:14). What do we learn from Jesus about how to resolve conflict, particularly between believers? (Matthew 5:23-25; 18:15) Resolve conflicts quickly and if possible, face to face and pray about the conflict you are having before you address it with the other person, talk to God about the other person before you talk to the other person, and talk to the other person before you talk to others about the other person. Remember the priority Jesus put on resolution, resolving your conflict might be more important than your worship.