05 Oct Who is Jesus Christ
Bible Text: Matthew 14:13-25 |
(1) The word of commendation was given by our Lord to Peter and this is the most important question that each of us should answer personally more body movies. However, we believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the second person of the Trinity and that through His crucifixion and resurrection from the dead, God the Father has offered mankind salvation and eternal life quote for free. But why did Jesus ask this question? He knew what people said but wanted but He wanted to reveal Himself as the Son of God to us.
(2) What we think of Jesus is extremely important, for what we think of Him will determine what we do with Him (Matt newtonsoft.json 다운로드. 27:22) and what we do with Him will determine what He does with us (John 8:24). The Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. He is not man who became God, but God who became man (John 1:1 and 14) In His reply to Peter He acknowledged Himself to be the Son of God Download aapt. – see verse 17 ; John 5:23.
(3) Our Lord’s true nature is only understood by divine revelation. Peter’s confession of the person of Christ was a revelation from God, not man ees. The Jews could not see Jesus as their Messiah because a veil was over their eyes (2 Corinthians 3:14-15). Gentiles likewise are in the dark until their eyes are opened by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 11:25-27) jip. With Thomas we say, “Jesus is Lord” (John 20:28-29)
(4) Christ is the foundation, the builder and the preserver of His church. In verse 18, Jesus did not say that He will build His church on Peter but He said you are Peter -stone and on this rock I will build my church leaf image. Christ Jesus is the great foundation, and there can be no other (1 Corin. 3:11). The church’s one foundation is Jesus Christ our Lord. He is the builder ” I will build My church” He is the preserver of the church that is why He said “the gates of hell will not overcome” prophrtic words of conflict msiexec.exe 다운로드. (John 10:28-29)
(5) Our Lord Jesus Christ gives His servants authority to act and speak in His name. Peter was to open the door to the Jews, which he did on the Day of Pentecost – Acts 2; and then to the Gentiles, which he did in the house of Cornelius – Acts 10 novel K. As Christ’s ambassadors we have the authority to declare God;s way of forgiveness, which is through faith in Him and in His atoning work.