22 May “It is to your Advantage that I go Away – Pentecost” ( John 16:7)
(1) The Holy Spirit is a Person and we can know Him, just as we know God the Father and God the Son. The personal pronouns which are used in reference to Him proves He is a person 세계 국기 다운로드. He is said to do things which are only possible for a person to do, and things may be done to the Holy Spirit which can only be done to a person. Eg. He convicts, teaches, speaks, leads, appoints to service, He regenerates and fills, He may be grieved, and be resisted ai파일.
(2) But the Holy Spirit is not only a Person; He is a Divine Person. in the scriptures He is call God – Acts 5:3-5 and He possesses the attributes of God and performs the works of God 토파즈 필터 다운로드. He is a Divine Person, the third Person of the Trinity and notice that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are all mentioned in Matthew 3:15-17. We see the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the life of the unbeliever and in the life of the believer as well apache apr 다운로드.
(3) The Holy Spirit was to come and indwell every believer and to abide for ever, unlike in the Old Dispensation when He had to come upon men for the accomplishment of special tasks, but now He was to take up residence within the life of every believer 버스커 다운로드. On the Day of Pentecost the Holy spirit came and indwell every believer, as we learn from Acts 2:4 and this was His purpose.
(4) A Christian is one who is alive from the dead and has been born again and has been made a partaker of the divine nature and of the life of Christ Himself – col. 1:27. there is only one Christian life in the world and every believer is a partaker of that life- His life! But Christ is in heaven, so how can I partake of His life? by the Holy Spirit who dwells within me – Romans 8:9; 1 Corin. 6:19. So the Holy Spirit communicates the divine life to the believer.
(5) The Holy Spirit unites the believer to Christ and makes him a member of His body. when we are born again, not only do we receive a new life, but as believers we are joined to the Lord and to one another – 1 Corin. 12:13 and all this is accomplished by the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Also, the Holy Spirit produces the character of Christ in the believer. Every real Christian longs to be like our Lord Jesus Christ and this is not by effort, trying or struggling, not by imitation but be the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
(6) The Holy spirit produce the fruit of the Spirit within and through the believer, (Gal.5:22-23, the fruit of the Spirit is produced in us as and when we abide in Christ – John 15:4-5 and in His Word- 1 John 3:24. The Holy Spirit has been given to make us like Jesus Christ – 2 Corin. 3:18. And an effective Christian servant is one who lets the Lord work with him – Mark 16:20 and through him – John 7:37-39. He reveals the things of Christ to the believer as well. John 16:13-14.